RE: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Abuse Reporting standard

2004-01-08 12:41:04
Agreed.  I would contend it is a Well Known Methodology (WKM) and thus should
be definitively (IMHO) refuted prior to deprecation or replacement by a new
standard or method.  This is unless the proposed standard can be demonstrably
proven to represent an enhancement or clarification of an existing BCP or WKM.

just my $.02,

-e

On Wednesday, January 07, 2004 7:03 AM, Jon Kyme
[SMTP:jrk(_at_)merseymail(_dot_)com]
wrote:

Art Pollard>
standard reporting address should be specified.  Most have settled on
abuse(_at_)domainname(_dot_)com but not all and it is only an informal
standard at
best.

I think "abuse" is pretty much the de facto standard, supported by rfc2142,
adopting anything else would take some justifying.