Re: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Abuse Reporting standard

2004-01-11 13:29:51
Brett Watson wrote:
Another item of research in an abuse reporting standard ought to be making that mechanism itself abuse-resistant. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been simultaneously joe-jobbed and been the subject of fraudulent abuse complaints based on the joe job.

This is the problem LMAP addresses. If you implement LMAP, and mail claiming to be from your domain that originates from a non-listed host is accepted, the recipient cannot reasonably hold you responsible, as you've done what you can to prevent abuse of your domain name.

If you mean that someone sent spam that advertised some site of yours illegitimately, that's something else altogether. I don't think we have any sort of proposal dealing with that.

Phil