Re: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Abuse Reporting standard

2004-01-07 20:56:52
I think "abuse" is pretty much the de facto standard, supported by rfc2142,
adopting anything else would take some justifying.

Perhaps.  However, when I am in the "reporting mood", I often find places
which do not use "abuse(_at_)somedomain(_dot_)com" and instead use anything
from
postmaster@, support@, spam@, or a whole host of other addresses.

You know, that's exactly why I run abuse.net.

In any event, if we have a standard format, the networks that want it
will surely tell us where to send it.  Maybe it'll be abuse, maybe
it'll make sense to invent a new address like autoabuse, but that's
a detail.

Regards,
http://www.taugh.com