Re: [Asrg] 2. Legal - Last Call: 'A No Soliciting SMTP Service Extension' to Proposed Standard

2004-01-28 13:33:19
Carl Malamud wrote:
Don't forget: my draft does not specify who has to use it or how recipients should act when presented with various keywords.
This is simply a way for senders, mtas, and recipients to
assert keywords using a common mechanism.

Carl,

This is part that actually worries me more than anything else. Can you explain what is the exact scope of this mechanism? If it is generic, than it should be stated so, otherwise, the scope of it including the operations of the IANA registry, should be narrowed.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton)
-------