Re: [Asrg] S/MIME

2004-03-21 13:01:25

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

 Validating identities means nothing if the identities being
validated are fraudulent.

You have not made the case that user(_at_)example-canada(_dot_)com is invalid.
You just have declared that it is not user(_at_)example(_dot_)com and we agree.

You know that a given email address or domain is valid, and matches the S/MIME certificate. Now what? It still does not prove to you that someone is not a spammer.

Now go back and read my email and point out where I said that S/MIME
emails are guaranteed free from spam? I said it would stop forged email.
I made no other claim. I also said that would stop the 1,000's of forged emails I get
every week on the systems I administer.

--

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
                              | Cell:   (208)520-4044