Re: [Asrg] S/MIME

2004-03-21 16:43:28
Mark Baugher wrote:
At 12:13 PM 3/21/2004, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
<...>

Mea culpa - you only addressed the forgery issue. There are still some interoperability issues with S/MIME but that's probably something that will be solved sooner or later.

However, this is an anti-spam group and within the context of fighting spam, how will this help? The problem that I have is that there are several identity schemes here and none of them address the point of what do you do, once the identity is established. There is IP identity, domain/IP identity (LMAP/MARID), more heavier cryptographic identities, etc. All of these lead into the same point - once the identity has been established, what happens then?

This is a question to the entire group, not you directly.

If we get forgery under control, then it is possible to apply reputation, accreditation, blacklisting and other techniques to manage spam. What am I missing?

Yes, you are correct. The trick question is how to apply them.

Yakov