Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-00

2004-05-05 12:07:14
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

How many credit agencies would list half the population of spain?

How many insurance companies charge different amounts based on
neighborhood?

That is actually a criminal violation of the credit acts. Some banks
round here have paid very very large fines for that type of behavior.

I trust you've never priced automobile insurance.

There was recently a thread on misc.legal.moderated about someone
wanting to live in Brooklyn but buy insurance claiming Nassau.  Nobody
suggested that the rate differential was illegal.

Sure it happens, but when it does a person listed can apply to the
courts for damages.

And get laughed out of them, too.

Once I had an issue with my mobile provider.

That doesn't sound like an insurance company or a credit agency.

There are curently lawsuits in progress about the use of location
data as any form of input to a scoring scheme.

"Redlining" is illegal; however, other uses aren't.

There are "lawsuits in progress" about lots of things.

Seth