RE: [Asrg] 0 General: Forum

2004-05-21 02:33:38

I wasnt aware that the ietf 'requires' it

messages. Additionally quite a number of subscribers prefer email list
format over the web based forums.

Hmmm I for one would prefer it the other way round. that way everything is
centralised
I would get email notifications only when activity occurs on a thread I am
interested in.

but it would be helpful if it was a system that went both ways. it wouldn't
be hard to do regardless of the maillist used.

any posts on the forum would also be sent out to the maillist as it is now.
any messages from the mail list would be automatically inserted into the
forum.

But I am too busy to do that myself now, perhaps if there was enough
interest I could make time for it.

I actually fully intend creating a "forum to news to forum" interface for
another project I am involved in so perhaps they will crossover.

Regards
Chris