Re: [Asrg] "worm spam" and SPF

2004-11-27 12:43:10
Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:
Nod. This moves the content filtration problem to a different place: on the outgoing servers. If the only way to send out spam is through drones, then all spammers will move to using drones. The conclusion that I draw from this is that content filtration techniques used on outbound mail would have to be of the same level of sophistication as inbound filtration today.

I don't want to sound like some FUSSP guy, but I still honestly believe this can be controlled and pushed to the level we discuss by ISP's blocking port 25 on dynamic ranges. All a user has to do is ask for port 25 to be opened... and besides.. if they are running a server on a dynamic range.. Good luck!

Closing port 25 on dynamic ranges would effectively make most mass mailers today useless. And thats a fact.

Should port 25 be blocked? AOL and comcast say yes.. many others say no.

        Gadi.