[Asrg] Re: "worm spam" and SPF

2004-11-27 23:15:45
gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:

I've been arguing PRECISELY this point for several years,
and Wong (et al) still forge blindly ahead with SPF

That would be at most two years if you'd count RMX as the
concept, and SPF as its realization.

SPF and other such schemes SIMPLY DO NOT WORK because they
DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.  They only force worms to use
"real" return addresses and "approved" servers, but that
accomplishes very, very little.

That's a contradiction.  First you say SPF doesn't solve "THE
PROBLEM", and then you say that SPF exactly does what it's
supposed to do.  Apparently your definition of "THE PROBLEM"
has nothing to do with SPF.  And your "solution" is to get rid
of MIME multipart resp. text/html, and mails bigger than 12 KB.

Your recipe won't help me against hundreds of bounces and other
crap like challenges caused by forged addresses unfortunately.

                            Bye, Frank