Re: [Asrg] SMTP AUTH

2004-12-05 11:35:24
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:38:19 +0530, Devdas Bhagat
<devdas(_at_)dvb(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)org> wrote:
On 05/12/04 16:50 +0000, gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
[snip]
GOING TO BE SENDING YOUR OUTGOING E-MAIL MESSAGE.  That notwithstanding,
OBVIOUSLY you would STILL want to use "your" own E-mail address as the
sender!

Ouch. CAPS!
Let me see, you have an IP conection, presumably connected to the
Internet. You should be able to access the submission port to send your
mail via your mail server. You just might not be able to use port 25/tcp
there.

Actually, there are some cases where submission port (587) also cannot
be used. For example, my personal experience in McDonalds Free WiFi in
Singapore. I tried using my SMTP AUTH server, but they 'hijack' all
SMTP related traffic and send it through their own gateway.

Regards,

MZR