Re: [Asrg] SMTP AUTH

2004-12-06 03:53:40
mobileSender(_at_)myDomain--AUTH--> myDomain SMTP--SPF,MTAMark etc---target
SMTP
 |__________________________________________|

I truly don't understand why the types that keep hawking SMTP AUTH as
the
solution JUST DON'T GET IT... how many times do we have to say this?

THE FACT IS THAT IF YOU ARE ON A CRUISE SHIP AT THEIR INTERNET CAFE, OR
AT AN
AIRPORT WAITING LOUNGE INTERNET ACCESS KIOSK, (and many other
public-access
situations) YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE *NO* CONTROL ABOUT WHAT SMTP MAIL
SERVER IS
GOING TO BE SENDING YOUR OUTGOING E-MAIL MESSAGE.  That notwithstanding,
OBVIOUSLY you would STILL want to use "your" own E-mail address as the
sender!

Most organizations today have https webmail access so I don't see any
reason for using other applications.

@