Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2004-12-05 15:55:44
And $DEITIES help you if you put an address on your business card
and it gets scraped from someone's address book; all of a sudden all
your business cards are worthless (or almost), because they no
longer contain a "fully functional email address".
You can have a thousand different business cards printed up with a
thousand different valid sub-addresses.

I suggest you go price having such a thing done before you seriously
suggest it.  I've had cards printed up, and the per-run overhead cost
was, um, nontrivial.  (For example, having 500 cards printed was only
barely cheaper than doing 1000.  You are proposing, basically, doing a
thousand print runs each of size one.)

You are apparently unaware of the work being done to get people to
decode such images by offering them free porn.
Review the statement that I made immediately before I contrast my
system with other anti-spam systems.

Yes.  You have stated that this is not an issue, apparently under the
impression that it would result in only a "handful" of valid addresses.
I believe that statement is wrong.

Of course, none of this matters until we have a working implementation
to try out.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca