Re: [Asrg] More 'pay per' foolishness

2004-12-30 12:13:07

I'm not thinking about counting packets outside of any counting that isn't
already being done. I'm talking about refinements.

It wouldn't be terribly hard to generate an accounting record like a
star(/stop in RADIUS for mail traffic.

I don't think it would be terribly hard to then do a lookup in, say, an ss7
database to check if the service limit had been reached and then to start
the overage counter.

Telcos/carriers/nsp/isp already do this. With IP.

The only way to then value the traffic and scale the product is to count
inter-carrier packets - which is already done for settlement peering in
voice and data/net application.

Convergence can be a wonderful thing if you open your mind and believe the
possibilities are within reach.

-M

-M

---