Re: [Asrg] Spam Ecomomics

2004-12-31 00:16:23
SPAM EcoNomIc Model "SPAMEMIM" (Like "Eminem")

  NSP       -- LAYER 4  IMPORTANT
ISP -- LAYER 3 SPAMMER -- LAYER 2
  ENDUSER   -- LAYER 1  LESS IMPORTANT

At layer 3 and 4, economic attack. At layer 3 and 1, technology attack.

Relationship Matrix

Layer 3 and 4
Layer 3 and 1

There's never a relationship top Layer 2 i.e. noone spends
time on "getting" the spammer, the efforts are focusing on fixing the user.

Hi Martin. I really enjoyed your email. However, if I understood it right, you are saying spam costs ISP's and is not beneficial?

From your own text I'd have concluded the opposite [if I understood you right].

Beginning in people paying for bigger tubes, through people paying for spam solutions all the way to paying for spam email solutions at the ISP.

        Gadi.