Re: [Asrg] Spam Ecomomics

2004-12-31 14:53:26

I think once we're debating the relative merits of blocking on a hard
cap versus charging for overage we're well into policy rather than
mechanism and groups like these (IETF) tend to be more successful in
pushing mechanism forward than policy tho plenty of exceptions of
course exist (BCP et al.)

But worse, I think at that point we're into marketing, really.

One ISP charges for overage, the other stops you to protect you from
yourself. Ok, I could easily imagine either being attractive to
different sorts of customers.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*