Re: [Asrg] Spam Ecomomics

2004-12-31 08:40:47
Gadi, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Can you elaborate
a bit further?

Let me try what I did get.

Spam does not cost at the higher levels i.e. peering. It costs in transit
fees. Large entity peering == settlement free. transit == $.

In this email I count viruses as spam as well.

It's on every level.

The tier 1 providers sell bigger tubes, so do the smaller providers.

Providers get money from users for SPAM filtering their email account, and in some cases even for an end-user solution they market.

I am sure there are losses, but saying there are no gains is simply false.

There are exceptions to this, like in everything else. For example, although this model would also fit Israel, here providers usually pay by the bit (I believe - I could be wrong) while their customers pay for the line itself, regardless of usage.

        Gadi.