Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2005-01-05 15:55:40
At 4:37 PM -0500 1/5/05, Michael Kaplan imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:

I believe that the critique portion of my website
http://home.nyc.rr.com/spamsolution/An%20Effective%20Solution%20for%20Spam.htm
now answers all of the significant issues brought up concerning my
system.  If there is
an important flaw that is not addressed then I would certainly like
to know about is.

You can say that as many times as you like, but your saying it repeatedly does not make it so. It remains the case that your system will spam non-users who have never tried to mail users and will effectively force graphicalization of email on everyone who needs to correspond with users of your system. The 'critiques' section of that page doesn't address ANY of the critiques with anything but hand-waving and dismissal.

That said, I think it would be a positive thing for your system to be adopted and run alongside email as an alternative messaging system with its own clients and adopted by 80% of recreational Internet users for their email-like messages. sending the bait elsewhere would be a good thing to get the sharks to leave...

--
Bill Cole