Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2005-01-06 22:55:34
I appreciate all of the feedback that I have received on this discussion list.
Important flaws that I had failed to fully appreciate were illuminated, thus
causing me to develop solutions.  The issue of dealing with multiple languages
has been adequately addressed, and the issue of my system theoretically doubling
email traffic has been addressed so that the traffic will only be increased by
maybe 5%.

I admit that I am unable to fully understand the level of objection to the
residual flaws.  Innocent people will be sent bounces at maybe 0.1% of the
frequency
they will be sent spam, yet the thought that any innocent person would receive
an erroneous
bounce is apparently absolutely intolerable in the eyes of many people.

I envision my system as being ideal for the typical large consumer ISP user.  I
admit that
many business users and certain others will find it undesirable and will elect
not to
use it.  No innocent user will ever get an erroneous bounce if a few of the
large consumer
ISP adopt the system; nearly all other email providers will then be motivated
to initiate
the extremely simple task of blocking bounces sent to users who did not send
out a corresponding
email.

Well, things have gotten to the point where I'm not saying anything new, and
neither is anyone else.
Some have suggested that I am blowing off valid criticisms.  If anything I am
merely suffering
from a severe lack of insight as I am still unable to appreciate why the
residual flaws are severe
enough to disregard a proposed system that could theoretically conveniently
eliminate spam for so many
consumer level email users.  Well, I do plan on voicing my proposal to a larger
venue.  If I then receive
the same level of doubt then I'll just crawl into a corner and start taking
crazy pills.

Michael Kaplan