Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2005-01-10 23:13:02
"Michael Kaplan" <mkaplansolution(_at_)lycos(_dot_)com> wrote:

Opinion:  A system that causes any number of innocent people to
receive an erroneous bounce is unacceptable.

Response:  My system may (warning: arbitrary guess coming) prevent
500 pieces of spam from reaching inboxes for every one erroneous
bounce that arrives in an inbox.  I could live with this.  If your
provider had updated your system then you will never get an
erroneous bounce.

If your system prevents 500 pieces of spam from reaching _you_ at the
cost of one more piece of spam reaching _me_ then I find it
unacceptable.  I don't care what the ratio is; I'm not willing to get
more spam so that you get less.

Seth