Re: [Asrg] subverting ISACS

2005-01-18 04:56:24
I have recently tried and failed to delete an e-mail address; it seems
the ISP does not cater for the contingency.

The address concerned is an alias, defined via services on the ISP
website.  It got spam trashed (spashed?)
so I went to the website and deleted the alias.  The spam continued to
come.  I went back to the website and checked; the alias does not exist.
I raised a support incident. Support suggest I use a new e-mail address.
Well yes but how do I get rid of the old one?  Change ISP?  or will they
follow me there with this deluge of spam?

This suggests that the concept of giving up an e-mail address is not yet
a reality for the average user:-(

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hannigan, Martin" <hannigan(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
To: "'der Mouse'" <mouse(_at_)Rodents(_dot_)Montreal(_dot_)QC(_dot_)CA>;
<asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 7:20 AM
Subject: RE: [Asrg] subverting ISACS

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf
Of
der Mouse
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:46 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

Is there anyone out there who has ever had to abandon an email
account because the amount of spam became unbearable?

I'm convinced the answer is "yes"; I've heard far too many reports
of
that for me to believe they're all false.

You guys have GOT to be kidding.