Re: [Asrg] Body signature subgroup and the forwarding project

2005-08-10 02:21:41
On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 12:31 -0400, der Mouse wrote:
- Offending language: I found that especially US-made spam filter
  programs are prepared to educate users and to block lists of sexual
  offending or vulgar language.

Which is particularly amusing when applied to mail in other languages,
in which such sequences of characters do not carry the same meaning.
(The closest example I know of offhand is Norwegian, in which "fart" is
a noun meaning, approximately, "speed" - probably related to German
"fahrt".)

And then there are programs which take substrings and object to them.
There was the case publicised some years ago about the program which
objected to the name of the East coast town in England: 'Scunthorpe'.

(and if you are too innocent to spot the problem, well done you).

cheers

David Wilson