Re: [Asrg] Body signature subgroup and the forwarding project

2005-08-10 21:39:55
From all I hear, the walls of Fortress Europe are still quite a bit lower
From all I hear, the walls of Fortress Europe are still quite a bit lower

That's pretty common whenever a message is stored in a Unix mbox
mailbox.

Is it?  In my experience it is not.  It's common to turn "From" at the
beginning of a line into ">From", but not to turn ">From" into
">>From".

It's one of the reasons I use maildirs which put each message in a
separate file.

Agreed - mbox format's in-band message boundary is..well, "broken"
might be putting it too strongly, but not by much.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca