Re: [Asrg] Unique innovations made to anti-spam system

2006-01-22 09:28:09
John Levine wrote:
mail.)  I also routinely observe that I send mail, I get a challenge
that I ignore, and a few minutes later I get a live response because
C/R users know that their systems are broken and read their challenged
mail anyway.

I'm in no way a C/R supporter, but I have done some experiments with C/R in that past. One "enhancement" I quickly discovered was using VERP tagging on the challenges, and dropping messages from the pending queue when the challenge bounced. This cut the pending queue by more then 90%.

Used with a SpamAssassin setup that rejects everything with a score above 5 and challenges anything with a score between 5 and 3, and you have a pretty functional spam-filter. It's still evil cost-shifting, but pretty functional :-)

        Bob