Re: [Asrg] Spam, why is it still a problem?

2006-01-22 10:15:34

John Levine wrote:
IMHO any "IFUSSP" solution would probably need to meet the following
requirements..

This is a nice list.  Any chance you could work it up into a draft of
proposed criteria for anti-spam techniques?

I like the list, too. It has promise as a vehicle for constructive discussion about proposals.

Perhaps the most difficult aspect of trying to flesh the list out is to provide solid explanations that clarify and justify each of these "requirements". Barry's response highlights this.

For example, the "no cost" requirements prompted his observing that there is always cost. He's right, but I suspect your"no cost" reference was not meant as an absolute. Or perhaps it was, at least, meant to mean that there was no third-party fee. Or perhaps it meant...

Hence the need for elaborations.

d/
--

Dave Crocker