[Asrg] Unintended consequence of SPF

via their web site.  Whaddya know, I got an E-mail bounce back from them.
Turns out that Sirius uses electric.net behind the scenes, and your web
submission turns into an E-mail submission with a From: which is filled in
to look like a request from your own E-mail address.

It also turns out that electric.net uses SPF, and it looks at that From:
address, asks my vsta.org where E-mail can come from, and bounces the
(internally generated) E-mail.  Thank god the bounce came back to me,
otherwise it would've been just another black hole customer service
scenario.

Word is going to have to get out that spoofing From addresses--even for
internal purposes--is a Bad Idea.  At least in an SPF-ish kind of world.

Regards,
Andy Valencia