Re: [Asrg] Unintended consequence of SPF

2006-03-17 10:35:02
On Mar 17, 11:47am, Bill Cole wrote:
}
} >I realize this is not your point, but as this is a relatively technical
} >mailing list a distinction is important:  The "From:" field is not the
} >envelope sender, and we have no indication here that the envelope sender
} >was altered to match the "From:".
}
} There is no reference whatsoever to the RFC822 From header.

I looked the original message up in the archives before I sent my response.
Did you?

There are plenty of systems that do SPF checks against the From: header.
MSN/Hotmail, for example, will file a message in the junk folder if the
RFC822 From header gets an SPF fail (fortunately the Sender: header is
checked preferentially).