Re: [Asrg] Unintended consequence of SPF

2006-03-16 21:37:24
On 3/16/06, Bill Cole <asrg2(_at_)billmail(_dot_)scconsult(_dot_)com> wrote:

At 8:41 AM -0800 3/16/06, ajv-oarybolive(_at_)vsta(_dot_)org wrote:
via their web site.  Whaddya know, I got an E-mail bounce back from them.
Turns out that Sirius uses electric.net behind the scenes, and your web
submission turns into an E-mail submission with a From: which is filled
in
to look like a request from your own E-mail address.

A bad practice. One that is extremely common, but which has always
been lazy and unwise, even before SPF and even before spam was a
significant problem.

Which RFC does it violate though? I think it's a fair use case.

-M<