Re: [Asrg] A Technique for Universal Authentication

2006-09-02 11:46:43
On 9/2/06, Jeff Macdonald <jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:43:25PM -0400, Michael Kaplan wrote:
>    I have a design for a system that allows for universal email
>    authentication by improving upon an anti-spam concept that I
introduced
>    earlier.   Any email may be authenticated, including mail not
>    authenticated by existing schemes such as DKIM.  This system does not
>    require email users to change their behavior.
>

>    [1]http://home.nyc.rr.com/spamsolution/UniversalAuthentication.htm

So am I missing something, why doesn't a MTA/MDA need to be changed to
support sub-addresses? Isn't every sub-address a new mailbox?

As with existing sub-address systems any network that wants to take
advantage of this system (PER-CORRESPONDENT ADDRESS combined with
CHALLENGE/RESPONSE subflavor MUA
AUTO-RESPONSE as it has been called) will need to install it on an
individual basis.  My hope is that this system will be so effective and
non-disruptive that an increasing number of mail systems will choose to
implement it.

When I said that this system "does not require email users to change their
behavior" I was referring to the average user, not the system administrator
who would obviously need to install it.

Michael