Re: [Asrg] Re: per recipient status

2007-01-25 08:05:07
David Nicol wrote:
On 1/24/07, Claus Assmann <ca+asrg(_at_)esmtp(_dot_)org> wrote:

On one of my machines more than 95 per cent of the incoming mails
is to unknown recipients. I do not want to receive the message data
in that case at all.

good point.  thanks.  that would have to be fixed first of course; for
instance
DATAFIRST connections only allowed from reputable peers.

I agree with Claus. Me too, I don't want to receive messages for non
existent recipients.

A way to fix this may be a negotiation between the server and the
client, probably it's the server who shall ask for DATAFIRST. If the
server don't want it then the transaction fall down to current mode.

My two cents.