Re: [Asrg] Re: DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-02-14 19:15:29
On 14-Feb-07, at 8:42 PM, Seth Breidbart wrote:

Matt Sergeant <msergeant(_at_)messagelabs(_dot_)com> wrote:
On 14-Feb-07, at 7:06 PM, Seth Breidbart wrote:

On the other hand, "I have received spam from <ip>" is data that does
not change (once true).

I'm not sure whether you're just trying to be contrary of if you have
a real point. If the latter please state it more clearly.

"Facts that don't change" isn't quite what I'd want to say; true facts
can become irrelevant or outdated (that is, useless) while remaining
true.

True enough. That portion of the BCP is aimed at DNSBLs such as blackholes.us and Steve Champion's Enemies List, which are basically targeted at static data. Though to be honest after having the discussion here I'm not sure that even matters much - because the listing criteria just continues to exist for those DNSBLs.

If you have better wording we'd appreciate assistance.

Matt.