Re: [Asrg] Re: Asrg Digest, DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-03-02 17:23:49

On Mar 2, 2007, at 4:01 PM, <gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com> <gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com> wrote:

[snip story of "my customer is an idiot with their mailserver and their virus farm NATted to the same IP address"]

Dammit, people, we keep going back to what color fabric we're going to use to upholster the "whack-a-mole" mallet, rather than coming up with a real SOLUTION for this problem...!!! :-((

The main problem in this case is NATs, and the clueless consultants who specify and deploy them. The solution is to not put critical services behind them.

Cheers,
  Steve