Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

2008-03-25 12:29:13
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Douglas Otis <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
wrote:

 Some BL policies do not adhere to the dubious philosophy expressed in
 section 2.2.1  and  2.2.3.

Could you elaborate upon the relevancy of that fact? I'm not seeing
why it matters.

 2.2.1.  Listings SHOULD Be Temporary

 2.2.3.  Removals SHOULD Be Prompt

 Automatic de-listing can be highly counter productive in controlling
 IP address ranges previously producing substantial levels of abuse.
 Requiring owners of an address range to request de-listing establishes
 points of contact to better deal with likely events of future abuse.

I think these should stand as is. I think they cover "it's not
suitable to remove your IP address at this time" eventualities just
fine.

Regards,
Al Iverson

--