Re: [Asrg] New draft draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-01.txt

2008-03-26 08:29:54
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Douglas Otis <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
wrote:

 On Mar 25, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Al Iverson wrote:

 > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Douglas Otis
<dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org>
 > wrote:
 >
 >> Some BL policies do not adhere to the dubious philosophy expressed
 >> in section 2.2.1  and  2.2.3.
 >
 > Could you elaborate upon the relevancy of that fact? I'm not seeing
 > why it matters.

 This was expanded upon in text you deleted by stating not all BLs
 depend upon full list automation.

You misunderstand. I'll rephrase.

Why does it matter that some BL policies do not fit the BCP? It seems
clear that regardless of what we come up with, some BLs will not be in
compliance. Are we aiming for best practice, or are we recognizing how
all BLs currently work? I think we should be aiming for best practice.

If if that your concerns relate to MAPS/Trendlists potentially being
out of compliance, that I would suggest that perhaps MAPS/Trend  ought
to show us why their take on best practice is better, not try to bend
the universe to fit their model.

MAPS policy on these cases, specific to removal and review of
listings, were exceedingly problematic back in the day. I assume and
hope that things have significantly changed since then.

Regards,
Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com