Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP

2008-04-03 13:47:05
Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Apr 3, 12:06pm, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
}
} We're not discussing third-party intervention here: we're talking
} about people exercising control over their own resources.

We're *not* talking about that:  we're talking about a third party
who provides advice about what control to exercise over resources.
That third party has the power to intervene; the only difference is
who gave said power to the third party.  The consequence to at least
one, if not both, of the other two parties, is indistinguishable when
that power is asserted, no matter where the power came from.

Not quite - the owner of the resource has the right to deny access, the
entity viewing has the right not to look/use.  The transit providers
(unless contracts say otherwise) have the right to deny transit.  A
unrelated, unauthorised party like the Pakistani ISP does not have the
right to deny access.  A BL is given the right to deny access by the  BL
user.

/ Mat