Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-15 14:23:24

Steve Atkins schrieb:

I suspect that the majority of email sent has three of those four
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
implemented. If not quite a majority it's _definitely_ a large fraction.

vs.

So I'm fairly comfortable saying, from personal experience, that the
majority of commercial bulk email sent (via ESPs or under the
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
supervision of competent delivery staff) is using SPF and most of
it is signed with one or both of DK and DKIM.

There is a huge difference between the two, and a lot of people do not
care much about the latter.

For the former, given the lack of support for DK/DKIM signing in the two
most pervasive corporate email servers (Exchange and Lotus Notes), it's
reasonable to expect such mail *not* to be signed.

That right there is a large fraction of legitimate email
that's carried over the internet. Throw in the number of major consumer
ISPs who are signing with DK and/or DKIM and which have SPF records
in place and that's probably a majority.

Maybe it's different for US-based providers, but I do not know of any
significant European provider doing DK/DKIM signing.

-- Matthias