Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-15 05:44:42

Steve Atkins schrieb:

Rather than devise such a new scheme, think about why SenderID, SPF,
DomainKeys and plain old S/MIME have not taken off.  These are all
open standards, free to implement and thus should be attractive.

Yet they are not implemented.

I suspect that the majority of email sent has three of those four
implemented. If not quite a majority it's _definitely_ a large fraction.

Do you have some (circumstantial) evidence or some more-or-less hard
data to back that statement up?

From my experience, I highly doubt that this statement is true
(especially for mail sent from corporate environments - it's a bit
different when looking at outgoing mail from ISPs and webmail providers).

-- Matthias