Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-25 12:45:33
On 24/11/2008 17:24, "Gerald Klaas" <gklaas(_at_)sacto(_dot_)com> wrote:

Goodmail has already shown that tokens can work, and that the
economics can work.  I think the question becomes, is the Goodmail
profit margin big enough that large ISP's would be interested in transitioning
to an open, non-proprietary system where they can sell tokens to large
BBM senders directly (and keep Goodmail's cut of the action) ?

Doesn't look like it, so far.  I suppose that could change in the future,
but right now ISPs are still forced to more in anti-spam technology than in
pro-marketing technology.

But in any case, remember that a standardized token-clearing system won't be
the end of the story -- or even the beginning.  As Daniel Dreymann pointed
out, "It was a challenge to build a scalable clearinghouse...but the
processes supporting the accreditation of senders, reputation monitoring,
security, feedback loops, reporting, UI, etc. have proven to be at least as
complex."