Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-22 15:02:19
In my view, I believe that if a framework existed for the exchange
of "stamps" that we could then move the SPAM arms race from the
MTA to the stamp generator, which would then allow
experimentation, innovation and evolution within a black box.
Senders and receivers would know how to engage the "stamp
generator" black box, and then we could continue the discussion
about what goes on inside of it.

So go ahead, create one.  At worst, you'll confirm everything we've
been saying about the impossible cost and scaling problems.

Or as an older colleague said to a physicist I knew when he was
embarking on a large project, "You're young.  You'll live to see it
fail."

R's,
John