Re: [Asrg] attention bonds, was Email Postage

2008-11-30 18:18:12
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 03:52:43PM -0600, mathew wrote:
Aren't ISPs already doing that, though?

Some are, as are some universities and other entities.  Some aren't.

And of course, spammers will just move to ISPs which aren't.

Of course.

So it may not be eliminated, but I question whether it counts as a solution
to anything.

As I was quite careful to point out, it's not a panacea.  It is however,
effective where used, which is all that can be said about *any* solution.
It works with existing technology.  It does not require reliance on
end-users or on end-user systems which stand a substantial chance of
being compromised.  It does not require invention of any new protocols
nor promulgation of new standards.  It's something that many MTA/network
operators can deploy (although by no means all).

---Rsk