Re: [Asrg] About that e-postage draft [POSTAGE]

2009-02-23 20:00:28
Now we're getting somewhere.  I see the whole point of postage as a
mechanism for the recipient to monetize their attention.  And since
there is money involved, suddenly substantially complex machine loads
can be afforded, as the transaction costs can be a small fraction of
the cost of someone's restricted attention.

Well, OK.  How do you see this relating to the current mail system?
Do you expect a system where all mail is paid?  If not, how do you
decide what to accept for free?  How much do you expect advertisers to
pay for your attention?  (See goodmail and e-rewards for some current
examples.)

A draft explaining what your model is would be nice.  The existing
draft (I think) is more intending to use e-postage to limit mail
volume, not to pay end recipients.

R's,
John