Re: DNS over SCTP

2009-05-28 10:17:07
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
It seems that DNS over SCTP would solve 90% of the problems with 10%
of the efforts and resources required to implement DNSSEC. However,
I hear more often about the latter than the former. How come?

I've read this message via the IETF general mailing list and so I
missed the beginning. In what way can you compare DNSSEC (which
provides object security) and SCTP or TCP (which provide a better
channel security for DNS)?

The discussion was about how to get rid of the threats illustrated, e.g., in Kaminsky, D.: "It’s the end of the cache as we know it." In: Black Hat conference (2008). Online at http://www.doxpara.com/DMK_BO2K8.ppt