Re: [Asrg] VPNs

2009-07-07 03:10:38
The overwhelming majority of mail I am offered by the Gmail outbounds
is spam.  Google has played games with how they will accept abuse
reports, giving the appearance of not really wanting them.

Why should they care?

There is very little risk to them of missing 95% of their outbound
spam, as long as they never drop legitimate outbound mail and keep
their outbound legitimate mail volume large enough that it is hard
for many sites to treat their mail as presumptive spam.

As long as their big recipients give them a free pass on their spam
spewage because of the large number of human shields, I see no reason
why it makes any sense for them to care about the spam they emit.

Oh, and, as long as no responsibility comes with the resources they are
granted authority over, of course, but that's given in today's net.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org