Re: [Asrg] VPNs

2009-07-07 08:33:40

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Bill Cole wrote:

Alessandro Vesely wrote, On 7/6/09 6:35 AM:
The overwhelming majority of mail I am offered by the Gmail outbounds is spam. Google has played games with how they will accept abuse reports, giving the appearance of not really wanting them.

Are these messages disguised in any way? Just looking at my last week's mail, there are 120 messages with "gmail.com" in the envelope-from. Two of these are spam, or about .2% of my incoming spam. Am I measuring the wrong thing? Or do different users have a different experience of spam? My account has been fairly public for over 15 years, so if an MTA were spewing a significant proportion of the worlds spam, wouldn't I be getting some?

Daniel Feenberg