Re: [Asrg] Iteration #3.

2010-02-07 13:50:32
For some environment, I'd expect your simple rule to be entirely adequate.

I suppose so, although I can't figure out how a system could tell that
it was in such an environment.

Since the reports all contain a message that was supposed to be
delivered by the system to which it was returned, a straightforward
way to recognize real reports would be to check the enclosed message
to see if it looked like something it had delivered.  That seems much
more robust against both malicious forgery, and plain old mistakes
where an MUA picks up mail from two different places and sends the
report to the wrong one.

R's,
John