Re: [Asrg] Consensus Call - submission via posting (was Re: Iteration #3)

2010-02-06 17:14:12
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Dave CROCKER <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:
Just to be clear:  the purpose of a consensus call is to resolve ambiguity
about preferences among choices being discussed.

So I listed the choices that I had seen dominating the discussion, rather
than listing among a full range of theoretical -- albeit possibly quite
reasonable -- choices.

If there is a consensus that /neither/ of the two listed choices is
preferred, then a more careful listing and consideration of alternatives
would make sense.

d/

I've been sitting on the sidelines watching this discussion with
interest. I lean towards #1.