Re: [Asrg] Consensus Call - submission via posting (was Re: Iteration #3)

2010-02-08 10:50:32
Less coupling to the access protocol (e.g., POP, IMAP) is better IMO.  1
is better than 2.

Report submission methods should, to the extent practical, be
independent of the access protocol.

Regards,

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Dave CROCKER
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 2:17 PM
To: Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF
Cc: Steve Atkins
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Consensus Call - submission via posting (was Re:
Iteration #3)

Just to be clear:  the purpose of a consensus call is to resolve
ambiguity about
preferences among choices being discussed.

So I listed the choices that I had seen dominating the discussion,
rather than
listing among a full range of theoretical -- albeit possibly quite
reasonable --
choices.

If there is a consensus that /neither/ of the two listed choices is
preferred,
then a more careful listing and consideration of alternatives would make
sense.

d/