Re: [Asrg] Spam button scenarios

2010-02-08 13:59:11
On 2010-02-07 11:28 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
C) I have a Gmail account and a Yahoo account. The Gmail account is set
up to fetch my Yahoo mail so I can see it all in one place. I use
Gmail's IMAP server to read my mail. (I really do this, by the way.) I
hit the spam button. Who should get the report?

1) Gmail since that's who I picked it up from
2) Yahoo since that's where the spam was sent
3) Gmail but they should also forward the report to Yahoo

One way to look at this is: Which choice benefits the user most?

Since the Yahoo mail is being forwarded to Gmail, I would think it would be more valuable to have Gmail doing the spam filtering. Yahoo probably cares that they have the opportunity to train their spam filters, but from the user's perspective I think Gmail is the one that matters in this scenario.

--B