Re: [Asrg] Fallback to MX

2010-02-12 14:14:51
I have a theory that you will never, ever, have any reason to accept
mail from IPv6 networks, since everyone you want to hear from will
have an MTA or gateway on IPv4, but that is a separate argument.

Never's a long time.  I think you might be right, but only because I
expect Internet governance to implode before 6 overtakes 4 as the
default IP version.  If not for that, I would expect IPv6 to reach a
point where IPv4 is but a quaint curiosity within times I can
reasonably expect to live to see - say, the next 30 years.

When I worked in Tromsø for the second half of 2002, the house netlink
they set me up with was globally routable - but v6-only.  And that was
over seven years ago.  Adoption is going to be slower in the
world-facing-MTA space, but not so much slower that, well, see above.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org