Re: [Asrg] Summary of junk button discussion

2010-02-23 16:49:43
Murray S. Kucherawy <msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:

It's probably worth mentioning at this point that the IETF's MARF
working group has as a charter item the issue of publishing somehow
the address to which abuse reports should be sent.

   Frankly, anything but in the email itself will be abused. abuse@ is
already useless.

   And within the email itself, only within the trace headers can ensure
that it's what the "most responsive party" wants.

   (What an irresponsible spammer that initiated it wants really doesn't
matter; what the ISP who maintains your mailbox wants matters a lot.)

We won't be getting there for a while yet, but if you're interested in
this issue you might want to start following the working group list.

   I'll pass for now... It'd be nice to notify this RG again when you
do get to it.

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>